This process usually pertains to wildlife animals that will be released to a wildlife carer and will be released to the wild from there; they will not usually be returned back to the shelter.
*Note: both the animal and the carer will already be in the system.
- Obtain the Animal ID of the wildlife animal.
- Search for the wildlife carer.
- On the Edit Person Details page, click on the Scroll To Bottom link and click on the Wildlife Person Category
- On the Wildlife Details Menu page click on the Release To Wildlife Carer
- On the Animal Search page enter the Animal ID. Click Search
- The Animal Details page will display. Complete the following:
- Status: click on the down arrow to select Released To Wildlife Rehabilitator. Note: this is an Outgoing status.
- General Animal Notes: enter any applicable notes regarding the animal.
- Click Update Details.
The animal is now released from Shelter Care. You can now navigate away from the page.