This page will be continuously updated as we progress through the BETA release of the new user interface. If you have any additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Q: What aspects of Shelter Buddy are included in the new UI Beta?
We are introducing the work we have built over the last 12 months in six Phases. Our goal is to have all of this core functionality released to BETA clients by Q1 of 2023.
We have planned this phased BETA release for two reasons:
- We want the beta user group to focus on specific functionality and provide crucial feedback on each module.
- It allows us to start getting feedback on the overall designs now while we are still putting the finishing touches on the intake and outcome workflows.
Q: When will my organization get access to the new UI?
The first date of availability is Wednesday, October 26, 2022 (US time). BETA clients can identify which of the following dates they would like the new UI to be activated on their site. Note that only Phase 1 will be available at these dates.
- Wednesday, October 26, 2022
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022
- Wednesday, November 23, 2022
If your organization has not already indicated which date they would like the new UI activated, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: When will the next Phases become available?
Our plan is to release a new Phase every few weeks and have all six Phases active for BETA users by the end of Q1 2023. As we prepare for the release of each Phase, we will notify you of the scheduled release dates, host scheduled webinar preview sessions, and update all necessary knowledge base materials to give you time and resources to prepare your staff for each Phase.
Q: How can users provide feedback on the new UI?
There are a number of ways users may provide feedback:
- On some pages, there will be integrated feedback and survey components that allow the user to react and provide feedback directly from the page (example screenshot below).
- We will be emailing feedback surveys to the contacts of BETA clients to distribute to their participating staff members.
- We will be conducting numerous webinar-style feedback sessions.
- You can email email@example.com with any feedback or questions about the new UI.
Example of embedded survey within the new UI
Q: How do I toggle between the new UI and classic Shelter Buddy pages?
Users may easily toggle between the new UI beta and classic Shelter Buddy pages by clicking the appropriate link in the header of the page. Once the user confirms they wish to toggle their mode, they will either be redirected to the home page or, if there exists a one-to-one relationship between a new UI page and a classic page, then the user will be redirected to the corresponding page. For detailed step-by-step instructions, please see this knowledge base how-to page.
Q: Will the new pages work on smaller mobile devices?
Eventually, yes. One of our core requirements for the new UI pages is that they work on all sized screens. However, to start we want to gather feedback using the desktop screen resolution and ensure we have the overall functionality perfect. Once we complete that stage, we will add mobile and tablet versions.
Q: What happens after all six Phases are released?
This is just the beginning of a multi-year project of redesigning the Shelter Buddy system. The invaluable feedback from BETA clients will inform future decisions for other aspects of the system. More details on the next round of BETA features will be communicated once we wrap up this round.